2012/01/07

New year, old weight

Here it is- the new year, and my first official weigh-in. Seven pounds up over the holidays, in total. Definitely not what I wanted. I know part of it is water retention- I usually regain something between two and four pounds in water weight whenever I eat more than my usual amount of carbohydrates.
The regain is even more vexing because I have that family celebration ahead I already mentioned, and I won´t be able to recondense those holiday pounds before having to go there.
Still, I am fifty-five pounds down from what I weighed when "they" last laid eyes on me.
I´ll see if that shuts them up at last, though I´m not too confident that might happen.
Building up my confidence before going there is something I need to do badly. After all, I have suffered from their criticisms all my life. And I find that even being away from them for more than four years the very thought of going there makes me feel edgy and defensive. Thank goodness that DH has experienced the way they treated me, too, and is coming along to back me up. There would be no way I´d go there alone.
I´ll see how it works out meeting them this time....and I must not allow the fact that I am still clinically obese to undermine my confidence.
I wished that was over...


Julia

No comments: