Spending my time sitting at a desk full of paper files and electronic equipment for a living, the question of what to put my beverages into to avoid accidental spills happens to be an important one. When I found my lidded to-go tea cup, I already thought I had found the optimum vessel. One thing still remined unsolved by that- the big coffee question. I don´t like to use instant coffee powder, preferring my coffee freshly brewed. As we aren´t supposed to have electric coffee makers in our cubicles, I started using a french coffee press instead. The only disadvantage to that was that the coffee cooled down rather more quickly than I had time to drink it up, leaving me with somewhat less than optimal enjoyment of my beloved cuppa.
I was overjoyed when I found out that the makers of my teacup-to-go also have one that is in reality a french press to go, with the wire-mesh stamp integrated into the lid, but otherwise exactly the same as my tea cup, which means these are heat-insulating as well, and, because you pour the water in there boiling and drink directly from the same cup you brew your coffee in, there´s no loss of heat by pouring the coffee into a different cup.
I was quite excited about these, so, when I saw them in an advertisement on sale for less than half their usually steep price, I immediately drove to the store that had them to secure me one.
What I found out when using it was that I need just two teaspoons full of ground coffee to brew me some 400 ml (that´s two cups) of coffee, so, one packet of ground coffee lasts about five times as long as if I were to use an electric drip coffee maker. What with coffee prices having risen quite a bit, that cup will have amortized itself long before the end of the year. And the insulation on it is so good that the contents keep warm for well over two hours if I have an interruption during my coffee break.
The tea cup, of course, is still in use, too. After all, one can´t stress the importance of hydration enough. And when it´s as cold outside as it is now, that definitely doesn´t mean cold water for me!
Julia
No comments:
Post a Comment