That´s at least what it looks like now. Of the seven pounds of baggage I reacquired over Christmas, three have gone off again and four are still sticking around. I´m not surprised because the last weeks had been somewhat hectic, and eating therefore a bit below par. But the main thing is that the weight curve is moving downwards again, and I have a full three weeks to go before the next family event throwing a wrench into my eating habits. I´ll see how far three weeks of strict adherence to low-cal and low-carb eating will take me. What I have noticed already was that the last weekend off plan gave me not only two pounds of water gain (luckily off again by now), but also a bad case of an upset stomach.
That seems to be what eating more than a minuscule amount of carbohydrates will do to me these days, plus serious fatigue and trouble concentrating.
When I look at it from that point of view, those pastries on Sunday so weren´t worth it. Nor were the potato dumplings, and the two rolls for breakfast. None of that was good enough to warrant alternating between stomach cramps and runs to the powder room for two days straight.
Perhaps this is a good sign. If my body refuses to properly digest junk food, that indicates that it likes the other, protein-rich stuff I usually feed it a lot more. Talk about somatic intelligence...
Ayway, I´ll see how far down I can get this time. There´s after all still that mirage of being just overweight less than six pounds away.
Julia
No comments:
Post a Comment