The first gusts and gales of the forecast storm are rattling the windows as I write this. The earflapped hat I bought yesterday has been doing me good service already on my way to work, and I intend to go home as soon as possible today, as the forecast by now is so bad that they are warning people not to go outside or drive if they can avoid it.
This weekend being the last before the holidays, I´ll have to get the menu planning and shopping done as far as possible. Once more, there´s ample reason to be grateful for my big freezer, because I have plenty of room to store and freeze the ingredients for Christmas dinner in advance. And, of course, there´s laundry to be done, and some paperwork, too. So, I don´t think I´ll be bored this weekend at all.
Which is as well because I´ll have to watch what I eat even more than usual if I want to get below that magic limit of morbid obesity before Christmas. I´ve been stuck for a couple of days now, and I just hope this isn´t another pesky plateau hitting just two pounds away from overweight. So, definitely no noshing on this weekend.
As we´re going to have MIL over for Christmas, I´ll not be able to do my usual routine over the holidays, which worries me a bit. After all, there´s that unavoidable family celebration in January, and I will be meeting some people who last saw me at almost my top weight, and whom I have barely spoken to any more since then, partly because of their hurtful reaction to me having become fat. I´m pretty nervous about meeting them as it is, and knowing I were no longer obese would do wonders for my confidence when facing them.
It´s strange how those people who have absolutely no place any more in my day-to-day life still can get at my guts that way. If they were not related to me, there´d be no way I´d ever allow them to meet me again, whatever my weight. But the way things are, I´ll probably not be able to avoid it. I have even thought of praying for a blizzard or some other natural event that would allow me not to go there in January. But I don´t think I´ll get that lucky, so, I should better be prepared as well as possible before going there.
Until then, I try not to think of them at all.
After all, I´m not doing this for their sakes, but for my own.
Julia
No comments:
Post a Comment