Right now I´m wrapping up a week of sheer pandemonium (again) at the office, which is also the reason why I didn´t post lately. Just why everyone is wildly determined to get all things that only have been procrastinated about brought in order at a time when there is enough on everybody´s plate with things that absolutely need doing by December 24 or 31, is amazing me every year. Oh well.
One thing that did go according to plan, this week, was my weight. As per today, I´m less than one kilogram away from the point where I´ll no longer be morbidly obese. just overweight..
Once more, my body seems to be rearranging itself. I had to use the handicapped restroom (there was just that one) at a public building yesterday, which had a mirror fixed so that a person in a wheelchair would bee able to see themselves. To me, that mirror was reflecting back the upper part of my legs, which I had always avoided looking at because of the pronounced saddlebags I had. As we have only one full-legth mirror in the house, I hadn´t looked at them for awhile, even avoiding to look that way last Saturday in the dressing room.
So, when I suddenly saw them reflected back at me, I did a double take because...the saddlebags are almost gone! My legs still can bear to part with some condensable matter, of course, but there is, suddenly, a smooth line from my hips down to my knees, even without the help of spanx (TM) or such.
And I am wearing my brand new size XL pants. One thing that´s especially good about getting down to that size is that my old pants from the plus size store were more than twice as expensive as the new ones, so, keeping up with the decreasing sizes has just gotten a lot less pricey than it used to be, apart being less of a hassle because I can, now, shop at any normal-sized clothes store.
Not that I intend to go overboard with clothes shopping. This year´s wide-over-tight look is great for wearing last year´s size sweaters and jackets over my new pants, apart from the fact that they have only a few items at all in the jewel tones I like in sweaters. No way I´m going to turn myself into a grey mouse now that I finally am getting into the shape to wear form-fitting clothes again. So, I´ll wear what I have, and save myself buying the transition sizes that hopefully would also be too big next year.
This weekend, I´ll go for another wardrobe raid- evicting the baggy trousers! I´ll box them up for the time being, but I most fervently hope they´ll follow the lead of my 5XL- jackets which, from that same clothes box, did, after some time, go directly to Goodwill.
If there´s one thing I have learned on my way down so far, it´s that I must not ever stop being watchful. Journalling every bite, and weighing in daily. Gaining it all back would be as easy as reverting to my old eating habits, that´s what I must never forget. And keeping it off is as easy as sticking with the things I learned about portion control and what not to eat that helped me get to where I´m now.
As a matter of fact, I have found out that it has become easier for me to resist the usual sugary and chocolate-y treats of the season. And whenever I start to think of eating some, I remind myself that the "goodie" in question will never make me feel as good as wearing those size XL pants, and then I´m not ready to pay the price of indulging my sweet tooth any more. I may have to have a Christmas without stollen or lebkuchen, but I will be having it in size XL pants, for the first time in this millenium.
Julia
No comments:
Post a Comment