2013/07/05

Sometimes it pays to wait

When I acquired my tablet computer, I was also looking for the peripherals to go with it, namely, a wireless keyboard that would allow me to work on text documents without having to use that popup keyboard. Back then, I declined, as those things were out-rage-ous-ly expensive at the time. Yesterday, we went grocery shopping and they had, on sale, just such a keyboard, except not of the brand with fruit on it, at a quarter of what the other one would have cost me. The great thing being that it is small enough to fit into the sleeve I carry my tablet in, so, no extra protection needed. And, as I am typing this, I find I´m able to type as fast as with an ordinary keyboard.
As, even with a touchpen, that popup keyboard makes writing a somewhat tedious process, I have always disliked using it. Typing with my fingers was out of the question, as those are a bit too big for the minuscule "keys" on that thing, and besides, not being able to use both hands typing is a bit, er, demanding if you are used to doing so. 
So, the new keyboard removes one thing that has been nagging me for awhile, it takes up very little room, doesn´t require extra storing space, and I did not have to buy any extras to go with it, as I already owned a USB loader that I can use with this, too. 
Which means that it fits perfectly with my idea of minimalism. Useful, space-saving, low-price. 
And I am glad that I waited and did not shill out for one of the more expensive ones at once. 

What was also on the list yesterday was the acquisition of new plates for my car. 
Yes, again. After having both our license plates stolen last year, we had always parked our car in a closed, guarded parking lot, thinking that nothing would happen to it there. Well, last Friday we came to our car, and the back license plate had disappeared. 
Which meant another afternoon at the police station and, yesterday because there wasn´t time to do it earlier, another afternoon at the municipal car license office. And of course, having to spend the money  to pay for the new plates. Saying the whole thing was a major annoyance doesn´t cover it. 

Weight-wise, I have another uptick, to 82.6 kilograms. Maybe because I ate some salted nuts yesterday, maybe because I am retaining water (temperatures are going up again after a few days of cooler  weather). In any case, I will have to be watchful so things stop at that and I can continue to lose. 
Two steps forward, one step back. This plateau is, to date, the hardest to break. But break it I will. 
T minus 35 weeks for my dream goal. Thirteen kilograms to go. There still is a chance to make it in time. 
BMI 25. Being normal-weighted. I haven´t been there since I was twenty. I want to get back there by the time I´m fifty. Thirty years of overweight and obesity are enough. 


Julia


No comments: