2013/07/03

It works, but slowly

Restricting myself to just two big protein shakes a day plus, yesterday, a salad of leafy greens in a homemade balsamico vinaigrette for dinner seems to start things moving. But, they move slowly.
Todays WI: 81.8 kgs, or 180 pounds. 
When I started recondensing, I could, if I ate what I eat right now, count on my weight dropping by about a kilogram a day for the first week. It is, of course, water weight that comes off whenever things move that fast, but still, that big loss at the beginning of a strict diet phase used to give a real push of motivation. 
This time, I will have to make peace with the fact that it will take a bit more patience to get back below 80 kgs, which is how far I want to be before reintroducing other foods. 
For over a year, that 80 kilo notch on my scales has been a barrier I could not break. 
From experience I know that beyond such barriers there may even be easier terrain ahead. After all, where they happen is usually at some weight I had, on the way up, managed to maintain for a longer period of time. The area around those 80 kilos was such a place. The next one "down" would be around 72 kilograms, putting me back at my postgraduate weight.

Dreaming on and doing my best.

Julia

No comments: