Which explains the bloggy silence.
Ancient buildings, historical churches, timber-framed houses, a candlelight dinner, and both of us soaking up the atmosphere of a thriving and alive city.
And on the next day, sightseeing in a nearby castle that offered, from the top of the tower, a breathtaking view of the surrounding landscape.
To enjoy this, of course, I had to climb that tower.
The last iterations of the winding staircase were just wide enough to pass through.
Had I attempted to climb that tower three years ago, that would have been the place I could not go on because there was no way sixty-plus more pounds of me could have fit through that passage.
This time, I just continued the climb and enjoyed the view. And I wasn´t even out of breath when exiting the staircase.
There have been many occasions where I stayed at the foot of a tower or a hill while DH climbed it and brought down the pictures of what I might have seen had I managed to move my fat body up there.
Today, we can enjoy the sights together, first hand.
That, too, is Why I Do This.
Julia
No comments:
Post a Comment