2013/07/04

Next stop, real food

DH arrived back last night, so I shared, after a day of protein shakes, his dinner. For me, that meant two cups of lowfat yoghurt with chopped almonds and unsweetened cocoa powder, four stick salamis (about 50 calories apiece) and a finger-sized piece of cheese, plus a glass of beer. 
This morning, 81.9 kilos, so, up 100 grams. But that might be from the salt in the salamis. 
As DH's business trip had taken him to Bavaria, he'd brought some of their good wheat ale. As the basement still is dripping wet, storing that in the cellar was out of the question so it had to be carried up four flights of stairs (there's no elevator). 
Dragging that crate upstairs, I once more wondered how on earth I had gotten myself up those same stairs at thirty kilos more. 
Yesterday, I carried that crate upstairs, without having to pull myself up by the handrail, and without having to pause. Both of which would have been impossible at my top weight, even without carrying anything. 

Just so I won't forget why I am doing this...

Julia

No comments: