2011/11/25

Sweet tooth

The cold evenings we´ve had last week made me wish for a big cup of tea every evening when I came home. Usually, I drink herbal teas only, but, as DH wanted a cup, too, I took some Assam or Darjeeling black tea instead. Which I like, but only with milk in it. Before recondensing myself, also with a lump of brown sugar. As I am trying to avoid sugar now, I took some artificial sweetener instead.
And found myself climbing the walls with craving chocolate and cookies yesterday. I managed not to let that slip into a real binge, but boy, was it hard.
The thing about this is that I had never had such cravings during my weight loss journey before. Not even if I had eaten something with real sugar in it. I´ve still eaten chocolate or cookies, but never had a problem stopping after one or two.
It seems that it was the sweetener (which I don´t ordinarily use) that triggered the cravings. So this is one more thing I should better steer clear of if I want to get to goal.


Julia

No comments: