Yup, that means exactly what it looks like. As per today, I have successfully condensed myself by sixty pounds.
You may have noticed I avoid using the word "loss" in that context- because I don´t ever intend to find these again. Or allow them to find me.
The knowledge that I will have to be careful what I eat for the rest of my life to prevent that from occurring is mitigated a bit by the fact that I am, this time, not forbidding myself anything, and most of the time, I´m not even feeling hungry.
My secret in a nutshell? 1500 calories and below 30 percent carbs as often as possible. And if I find I´ve gone above one or both- not beat up myself but try better the next day. Because it´s the long run that counts. If I stay on plan most of the time, one piece of cake or a bite of chocolate, or a single pasta dish, may raise my carbs above what I set myself as a limit for that day, but it won´t make all of the fat come back at once. And by judiciously allowing small portions of my favorite goodies, I find I can avoid bingeing on them whenever my willpower falters. The operative word being, of course, small.
And I will have to continue keeping tabs on what I eat, even when in maintenance, as well as weighing myself daily. Those two simple acts were what brought me down from this summer´s plateau.
So, I better keep them up, after all, there are thirty-six more pounds to go before I can call myself "normal"-weighted again.
Julia
No comments:
Post a Comment