2011/09/28

Roadside photo booth

Sometimes, stupidity is the criminal´s worst enemy.
Several weeks ago, the license plates of my car were stolen. I had not really had a lot of hope they´d find the perpetrator.
But now, I (and the police) at least know what the perp looks like- he´d put my plates on another car, and was photographed speeding by an automated radar trap, one week after I´d discovered the theft.
Of course, I was sent the ticket, complete with picture, and on top of the time I wasted getting new license  plates, I had to inform the local traffic authority that this was neither me nor my car on the photo, add copies of all the paperwork that has already accumulated, and inform the local police.
Still, I did have a good laugh at that guy´s expense. The only drop of sadness is that he had to pick an automated station to get himself caught speeding. Well, I hope he´ll run into a police control soon- I have some bills I would like to present to him :(.


Julia

No comments: