With the end of September in sight, I am, once more, looking over what these last months brought me. This time, I am rather pleased with the way things have been going. My weight has dropped by several kilos, and I am, once again, on a losing streak of the desirable kind, so there´s hope for the next quarter of the year to bring even more success in the weight loss department.
In the exercise department, sadly, I have almost completely slacked off. Too much going on around here. Maybe I´ll be able to get myself back on track there in October, after all, there are still some three months to go before I reasonably can expect it to snow. And ninety days times 300 calories burned might mean just those four kilos that would get me below morbid obesity.
Knowing that that point is within reachable distance by now actually feels strange. For so long, my interior representation of myself was something like "hello, I´m Julia, and I am hopelessly morbidly obese.".
One of the most urgent tasks for me, right now, is finding out what to think about myself when I am no longer obese.
Another is finding out all those things about myself that I never even got around to thinking about because my weight was, literally and mentally, getting in the way.Considering how long I´ve been obese, there are bound to be plenty.
And I have to go through them lest I regain every pound I´ve lost.
Julia
No comments:
Post a Comment