..of the next decade!
The scales I use for weighing myself are of the kind that has sliding weights you have to move to find your weight. Being in Europe, they are calibrated in kilograms. One slider is for the decades- as in 70,80,90- and the other one for single kilos, in increments of 0.1 kilos. The decade slider has notches to slide it into, so it doesn´t move off its place when weighing in.
And the most satisfying weigh-ins are those where I can, finally, take that slider a notch down. This morning, I was just 100 grams away from that point, so I expect to see it this week. Getting into this decade is special because it contains the point where I will officially cease to be clinically obese and just be overweight. It is a place I haven´t been for over ten years.
And my body seems to have made good use of the plateau that was so frustrating me. Namely, I caught a sideways reflection of myself in the corridor mirror yesterday, and did a double take before running over to ask DH, "am I imagining things or is there one chin less on me?" Hubs took a look and confirmed what I had, up to this point, not really noticed. At my most obese, my chin had been buried in a big roll of fat that went around my neck, actually making my face look twice as wide and giving me the appearance of having at the very least three chins agree with my real one whenever I nodded. And that- is almost gone! The best thing being that the skin of my neck has contracted, too, so I have been spared that turkey look I was afraid of getting.
One more incentive to stick to my guns. This time, it looks like I found the right way for me to continue condensing myself.
Julia
No comments:
Post a Comment