every morning this week! And asking myself why the dickens I kept procrastinating about it for so long.
There is, of course, an answer to that. I have been what they call an owl for all my life, staying up late and sleeping in as long as possible in the morning.
Now, the only time of the day where I can shave the 45 minutes I require for my daily walk off my schedule is early in the morning, as in before breakfast and while DH is still asleep. Which doesn´t make it any easier to withstand the lure of just snuggling up to him instead. Especially when I am prone to fatigue anyway. Getting up when I still feel tired from the night before and just feel as if just an hour of more sleep would make me less tired just so goes against every impulse.
You know what the surprising thing is? When I do manage to drag myself out of bed in time and start walking, I almost immediately feel less tired. And, coming home some forty minutes later, I don´t fell tired at all any more. And the effect doesn´t diminish all day long.
Now there may even be some very hard science behind that.
I am, by going outside, exposing myself to the light of the morning sun, and I am, when I walk in the park where we live, breathing in a lot more oxygene than if I were to stay in bed. Both of which lessen fatigue.
So, that´s two more reasons to get up early and walk.
Getting my extra baggage off is another, of course. I´m glad to announce the weekend´s spike in weight is gone again (after two days of strictly no carbs), and I am intending to stick to that as far as possible.
So, I´m walking, yes indeed (insert rendering of Fats Domino record here), and I do intend to keep doing it as long as the weather permits this year.
And I am looking forward to finding out how far that will take me...
Julia
No comments:
Post a Comment