2011/06/14

Hot and...dry?

The beginning of summer is approaching fast, and so are higher temperatures. While we have, in these parts, been spared from a spring heatwave, it´s just a matter of time until there will be those svelteringly hot days again.
The place I work in doesn´t have air condition (yes, in Europe that´s still allowed even in public buildings), and as soon as the walls have heated up, it´s oven time in the office. I keep a big electric  fan that I have positioned at my feet, so as not to create a maelstrom of flying papers on my desk, and I do pull close the blinds as soon as the sun comes round to my office window.
Still, that is mostly cosmetic when it comes to lowering the heat exposure.
What summer means, too, is that I will have to be extra careful about drinking enough water.
I use the 15-ounce-cup (about half a liter) I got myself this spring, and try to refill it regularly.
Still, getting in those 64 ounces (or two liters) of water a day is a constant challenge.
To remind myself to drink my water, I have taken four rubber bands that I wrap around the cup in the morning. At every refill, I remove one of them. Not a perfect solution, but it reminds me to be watchful. After all, even mild dehydration is supposed to reduce your mental agility measurably.
I´ll see if that also applies to the speed of weight loss.



Julia

No comments: