At least that´s what I feel like. The little holiday was quite refreshing, and necessary, too.
The hairdo has grown back in enough to allow me to go without a cap again, even if I had to buzz my hair all over a bit shorter than I usually wear it.
On the down side, I saw a number on the scales yesterday I hoped I´d never have to see again. I am, all in all, up six pounds from what I had reached. No sports, and caring for MIL, plus some days of real rest before going back to work, will do that to me every time, thus, I wasn´t too surprised.
The next weeks will be back to my regular routines, anyway, so I hope the unwanted luggage will get back off again.
Last week, my hubby gave me one of those body analysis scales that measure not only weight, but also fat, muscle, bone, and water content of the body. I´m not ready to reveal exact numbers, suffice it to say that I didn´t like what I saw on there. Still being that percentage of blubber sure wasn´t what I expected with 18 kilos of what I hoped was mostly fat gone.
So, back to the salt mines and back to low-carb eating. And back to my long-neglected morning walks. And back to drinking lots of water.
The new scales will be an extra encouragement to keep up.
It´s been good to be away, but it´s also good to go back to my routines.
Julia
No comments:
Post a Comment