As it is, I was absolutely convinced that I was not at all overeating. Convinced enough to get into a screaming match with my father after my most spectacular gain. And even when I realized that I must have been having a bit more food than I remembered, even after catching myself with the biiig plates piled high, I thought that these realizations would have made me able to not overeat.
Add to this that I mostly kept away from sugar and chocolate, and I was once again flabbergasted at regaining half of the weight I had managed to lose. Reading those Paleo books and blogs with their constant refrain of fat not being bad and do not ever start to count calories, you will be automatically stopping eating when you had enough, made me even more confused. The only thing I got from these is a new problem, namely with cravings for fatty food.
As it was I would have been dead certain that my daily intake was something around 2000 calories a day and that this ought to be maintenance, and that I would easily be able to keep eating a 1000 calorie a day deficit without having to change too many things about my diet.
Boy was I wrong, again.
My daily intake is really around 2000 calories, now that I try to cut down and stop myself from mindlessly munching. Before that, it might have been anywhere between 3000 and 4000.
Cutting down to 1000 calories without using meal replacements would probably not work for me. I can be glad if I make a 500 a day deficit.
And for every single meal or ingredient, I can tentatively assume it is twice as much and has at least twice as many calories than what I would assume.
Which makes me wonder if all those calorie counters were off in their values. The present one seems to be spot on, if I look at my numbers.
What pisses me off the most is that even trying very hard to rein in my eating did not prevent this.
No comments:
Post a Comment