The job I have entails being on emergency alert duty 24/24 every second week (every week when my estimated colleague who usually does the other week is off on another holiday). The kind of emergencies I have to deal with are, luckily, all solvable by phone and mostly few and far between, but still...
Last night´s phone call had me awake and sitting at my kitchen table (that is doing double duty as a desk at night) some one hour and a half after going to sleep. So, right in the middle of a sleep cycle which meant going back to sleep after dealing with whatever it was proved a bit more difficult than had I been woken half an hour later.
So, I´m once more yawningly tired.
Thank God for the coffee cup- its contents are taking me through the day nicely. And, luckily, it seems that business, too, is a bit slower than usual, so, there aren´t that many clients to see me yawn...
Julia
No comments:
Post a Comment