2012/02/20

The best laid plans

...sometimes end up cut short by life. The last week, for me, was once more exemplary of that. First, I had to go out of town unexpectedly over the weekend. Then, on the day I had to catch a train to do so, a sudden influx of Very Urgent Work (the kind that cannot be postponed even by a single day) kept me glued to the office for so long that I almost ended up missing my train. And when I wanted to drive back home with DH on Sunday, the battery of our car -the same one that had been starting nicely after having stood in a sub-zero parking garage undriven for several weeks just two weeks ago- decided to quit working for good. So, it was calling for road assistance, and a new battery, which of course wasn´t planned for. That the mechanic told us it wasn´t possible to check in advance whether that kind of battery would die anytime soon was scarce comfort.
And today´s weigh-in, after just four days of having to eat standard european fare, had me up almost five pounds from last week. Most likely, that´s mostly water weight- I can see that because my hands and legs are swollen, and I definitely didn´t have enough calories to gain that much. Still, I hope it will come off as fast as it came on. I´ve been stuck above the limit of morbid obesity for far too long already, and sliding back to what I saw today is just mega frustrating.
Keep calm and carry on...


Julia

No comments: