I wasn´t only away from the web, but also away from my trusty scales for some time, and I was rather apprehensive about what I might see there this morning.
After all, we had been visiting with MIL who is well into her eighties and sometimes needs a lot of encouragement to eat more, which means that I simply cannot stick to my usual eating plan when there. Instead, in an attempt to whet the old lady´s appetite, there were all kinds of things on the table that usually don´t make it into my kitchen in the first place. Things like cake, or the traditional (read high-fat) sausage and pork dishes she grew up on. I have tried to follow my own advice on dealing with that kind of situation, but, admittedly, did take more than a nibble from those goodies.
So, I hopped on the scale and- I have gained, of course, but the damages are relatively minor, less than a pound.
Still, considering that I had gone up by five pounds already before that trip, it´s strictly low-carb again, at least for now.
Having to lose the same five pounds over again is frustrating, as is the fact that, with the plateau I´d been having and the gain, I am by now in total ten pounds above where I had planned on being today, and I can, most likely, kiss my all-year WL target good-bye, too.
I don´t like this at all.
On top of things, there´s been a warning issued by the local surgeon general equivalent against eating, of all things,fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, and leafy greens, because of something called EHEC which is like salmonella only more dangerous going around.
Well, that´s where my trusty freezer will come to the rescue.
And maybe these five pounds will leave soon, too. After all, I did it once, I can do it again.
Julia
No comments:
Post a Comment