2011/05/13

Bump!

reposting this because it looks like Blogger ate it....

Sometimes it looks as if just rejoicing that something has been done properly or some kind of goal has been achieved is enough to warp the time-space-continuum into a little bump to remind us not to rest on our laurels.
Case in point, after recently rejoicing in the loss of twenty kilograms of fat, I had to find out that as soon as the warm weather is back, the water retention I had believed would be gone when I lost weight is back, too.
So, this morning saw me facing the water music (not the one by Handel, unfortunately) to a tune of a 2.7 kilogram gain from last week. I know that is mostly water because my legs are swollen, and I´ll be rid of it if I get rid of that edema.
Still, I started the day somewhat grumpy.

That bump in my weight loss curve represents two months of effort gone just like that.

This has to stop before my wedding band gets too tight.


Julia

No comments: