2011/05/09

Anniversary encouragement

Once a year, there´s a gardeners´ market in a town some forty miles from where I live. They sell potted herbs, of varieties you usually don´t get in stores, and all kinds of garden knicknacks.
As the market is held on the central square of the town, which is quite ancient and does not have many parking spaces, the parking lots for that occasion are well outside the town, and you have to walk some distance from there.
Last year, I still had my crutches. It would not have been possible for me to walk that far without them.
This year, I walked all the way without crutches.
In just one year, I have regained enough mobility to do that. I may never run a marathon, but I can walk normally again, which, last year, I had given up hoping for.
And that should motivate me to keep up what I´ve done to get that far. Because even if I don´t notice from day to day, changes do add up, and  I must be careful that they add up in the right direction.


Julia

No comments: