2015/06/07

Day six of quit

iAs they said, the first three days  completely off nicotine were the worst. As I had patched over the first two days, the real cold turkey didn't hit until Friday. By Saturday, I could have climbed the walls, ready to commit murder for a cigarette. Sunday wasn't much better. Being at home wasn't helping either. Of course, on Sunday evening I had a tiff with DH who accused me of not being there for him. 
Strangely, being off tobacco has been changing the way I taste and smell food. The orange coffee capsules did, yesterday at least, taste downright nasty. 
And, after just five days of not inhaling smoke, my cough has diminished noticeably. So no allergic cough there, but what I always denied, namely, a smoker's cough. 
Crazy fantasies of having the good feeling of not smoking while still smoking. 
And having to face all sorts of unpleasant realities about my life without the merciful screen of smoke separating me from them. 
Last night, it was the thought of having to go thru withdrawal again that kept me from grabbing a cigarette.  Once is bad enough. 

No comments: