The result is... a stall. Or, more charitably, maintenance. Instead of the hoped-for loss. Rowing as fast as I can only to avoid being sucked into Niagara Falls, instead of making headway.
At first sight, that would be sheer frustration. But the good news is that I have finally stopped gaining, even though it´s on a much higher level than I had hoped for.
Before I can turn my weight curve around, I must first stop gaining. So achieving this is a sign that things are going back in the right direction after all.
Now if the multiple work overload I´m labouring under were to go away, I might even make time for exercise again. It won´t be easy, the bit of physical fitness I had reached being long evaporated, but I might get an exercise buddy in the guise of DH, who has been advised at his orthopedist´s that, of all things, nordic walking might be just the thing his shoulder joint needs. Go figure.
We would not even have to purchase any additional equipment as we already have the sticks from way back.
The only thing keeping us from starting is exhaustion. Finding at least half an hour each day for exercise gets hard when one is either busy at work or coming home so tired that one just drops down into an easy chair, puts up one´s feet and dozes off in a matter of minutes. I don´t think I have finished watching the evening news for several weeks.
The lifelogging appliances I use tell me about my sleep time at night being way too short. Having to get up an hour earlier several times this week didn´t help that particularly. I wish I could but once get the uninterrupted eight to nine hours of sleep I know I run best on. Right now I am lucky if I get more than six. Knowing the effect of sleep deprivation on weight, that is definitely something I must work on.
If only knowing what to change meant doing the change.
Julia
No comments:
Post a Comment