2013/11/28

Backing down slowly

Monday morning´s WI gave me a fierce determination to stop this. I took the chance of DH being out of town and embarked on what was essentially a three-day intermittent fast, as in no food before six p.m. and no food after ten p.m. The result per today: back down by about three pounds. 87.1 kilograms. But I know I am by no means home free. 
DH´s back, so I will have to contend with having to partake in breakfast and dinner. Of course, he is being supportive. He also chides me whenever he thinks I am going too low with my intake. Which means that the kind of restriction I can do when he´s not around is not possible. 
I know. Once more, I am not being kind to my body. But, dammit, if I had a child or a dog who would not obey me I would punish them, too. And I am not going to take any insubordinance from that bag of flesh any more, either. It stops gaining, or I stop, as far as possible, feeding it. 
Of course, there is a minimum requirement of food if I want to keep functioning. And there are those awful holidays ahead, complete with having to cook and visit MIL. Both of which I don´t really fancy at this stage. The usual end-of-year snafus at the office get on top of that. 
Seeing the four-month-at-one-view calendar in my office and the glimpse of January it already shows, I only hope that I will at least, until my b-day in March, be back below morbid obesity, normal weight being absolutely out of reach. 
I never would have thought that those two weeks in June when I had, perforce, to eat carbohydrate-y stuff like bread would throw such a wrench into my recondensing project. I should have fasted instead, because two weeks of a growling stomach would not have been as bad as regaining twenty pounds. 
The 20-20 vision of hindsight...

Julia

No comments: