The mysterious fatigue has finally shown its true face, namely, that of a flu-like infection. I had been having generalized pain plus a whacking headache on Sunday, and this morning I woke up feeling weak, exhausted, with stuffed sinuses and a persistent cough. Astonishingly, I'm not running a fever. On any ordinary day, I would have called in sick. Of course, now of all times the colleague who would have to do my cases were I to call in sick is away on vacation. Guess who has to do his cases, too. So, I'm hanging on till Thursday. Either I am well again by then, or I'll have a chance at calling in sick.
On a different topic, did I mention that I own two different bioimpedance scales? Reading Norma's advice about those on the forum, I decided to do a test of their accuracy and weighed/ measured myself on both of them within a space of two minutes, so, the subject to be measured was quite identical.
Result? The weight measurements were identical to a t. And the body fat measurements? They differed by almost fourteen per cent. Now the scale that had the lower BF reading was the one I had owned first, so, the same one that had given me a 52 percent reading at my starting weight. Yesterday, it said 40 percent, so, the numbers would be less glum-looking were I to take that value for reference.
Namely, 55.64 kilos of fat at five kilos below my top weight, 32.4 kilos at my present weight. Meaning, if those readings were more accurate than those from the other gizmo, a loss of 23 kilograms of fat. 51 pounds, out of 26 kilos (57 pounds) lost from that point on. It was not my top weight because at my top weight the bioimpedance scales would give an error reading. Only when I had already recondensed about five kilograms would they work again.
And, if I put those numbers into the calculation of what I still have to lose, at a BMI of 25 and a BF percentage of 25 I'd statistically have 15.6 kilos less fat on me, which is actually quite close to what I thought I still had to lose.
And, if I take these numbers into account, it doesn't look as if I had lost that much muscle, either. Which is reassuring.
Julia
No comments:
Post a Comment