Maybe it's the darkness and cold of deep winter. Maybe it's the lack of rest that comes with having too much on one's plate.
Whichever it is, for weeks I have been suffering from permanent fatigue. Not a good thing if I want to continue recondensing. And not a good place to contemplate starting an exercise program, either. If all I want to do after work is plunk down in my recliner and doze off in front of the TV set (which is turned on for the benefit of DH, not mine-I didn't even have one before DH moved in), exercise of any kind is an even more daunting proposition than usual.
Intellectually, I know that not moving my body beyond what is unavoidable might be contributing to that feeling of general weakness and malaise, and also to the persistent aches and pains that have been plaguing me ever since the onset of the cold weather.
As several of the women in my family have been suffering from rheumatoid arthritis that started around menopause, I am, of course, worrying that my genes might have caught up with me there.
The condensable matter, under these circumstances, is of course not budging. I just barely manage not to regain. And with every day on that plateau my chances of getting to goal before the big five-oh are shrinking.
I'd rather be shrinking myself...
Perhaps the lengthening of daylight time and better weather will help. I am not giving up. Not after how far I had come.
The weather forecast says temperatures will be back above freezing next week, but it also says there'll be a lot of rain. If they were wrong about the rain part, I could, perhaps, start on the nordic walking again. If not, I'll have to wait for my usual route through the park to turn back from ankle deep slush to a walkable pathway.
I have also been looking into the purchase of a cross training machine that would free me from weather constraints. Apart the fact that they are quite expensive, those things take up a lot of space, which in our flat is at a premium anyway.
Perhaps I should throw out the guest bed in the office to make room. Putting DH's small desk that right now sits in the living room over into the office would mean enough room for a cross training machine where that desk lives now.
Then again, what I definitely don't want is another white elephant sitting around. I used to own a stationary cycle that ended up as a rather impractical clothes rack for several years before I threw it out. So, if I were to buy me that cross trainer, I'd better use it.
I know that there are specimens of that machine which are a lot cheaper than the one I have been ogling, but whichever machine I bought would have to bear the weight of either DH or me, and those cheap ones probably wouldn't hold up.
Perhaps I should look for one on ebay...
Julia
No comments:
Post a Comment