2013/01/29

Slippery slope

The last weeks were rather busy, plus, rather cold which meant less opportunity for walking around outside. And shopping by tram. While that was frugal because one buys less when having to carry it all the way home, it also meant shopping my pantry most days for something to turn into dinner.
Which led me to a big duh moment. Eating from the pantry means, to the exception of the frozen veggies I use, too many carbs (think rice and pasta) and way too few micronutritients, which made me end up hobbling to my kitchen last night with a cramp in my leg because I obviously had had too little magnesium and had been neglecting my vitamin/mineral supplements. A packet of powdered magnesium took care of the cramp, but I could have prevented it by being more regular about supplementing.
Actually, I'm probably low in other micronutritients, too, which don't have the good grace of announcing that they are running low.
Which might be part of why my weight won't budge, too.


Julia

No comments: