2012/06/19

Meltdown time

Summer has finally arrived, as usual this year, with a twenty-degree jump in temperature. Not my kind of weather, really, especially when the heat arrives so suddenly. Just where did they put those slow temperature rises from April to June this year? That way, my body could at least adapt to the heat.
On the weight loss front, no news, really. My weight has been dithering around that ten-kilo notch for over a month, with a slight (four pounds from the lowest point I had reached) regain. And what with the summer heat, I can almost count on there being some bloating and water retention to go with it. Oh well. The good part is that I´m still below morbid obesity, and I´ll have to be more careful about avoiding carbs if I want to stay there. The problem being that I did have unusually strong cravings for carbs during the last weeks. I don´t know if it´s the change of seasons (had the exact same thing going on last year, and my weight loss stalling for about six months), but I fully intend to fight it this time.
Keep calm and carry on...


Julia

No comments: