Not a good thing to have for me, at all.
But this weekend it was bad enough for me to go and eat a plateful of potato salad on Saturday, and on Sunday and Monday I partook of the pasta that I had cooked for DH. Result: up a pound by today. It´s rather difficult for me to say no to those carby things right now- maybe my body wants to catch up on what I didn´t eat during the last months. So, I did give in, but in controlled amounts. I actually left half of my portion of spätzle (a German pasta) on my plate on Sunday, so, this was nothing like the out-of-control pasta binges I used to have (like, cooking a one-pound package of pasta, drown it in half a bottle of olive oil and lots of garlic, and eat it all at once, to the point of physical inability to stuff anything more into my stomach ). And the single pound that cost me is perhaps worth it if I can go back to low-carb afterwards without feeling constantly hungry, especially considering that this kind of escapade used to kick me up by four to five pounds, so, the one-pound-gain is relatively tolerable and well within the normal range of weight fluctuation.
Thus, I still count the weekend as a success. Most importantly, I do not count it as a reason to jump off the wagon, or give up on losing those less than thirty pounds separating me from being in the "normal-weighted" BMI range.
Pick myself off the floor.
Assess the damages.
Learn the lesson.
Move on.
Julia
No comments:
Post a Comment