2012/05/09

Spring brakes

They call it spring fatigue around here. That near-unstoppable desire to yawn, lie down and fall asleep where you are standing that comes when temperatures are on the rise and the weather begins to look fine. This year, I am having a particularly vicious case of it, it seems. And my weight is, once more, plateauing. Add to that the fact that I did, for two days in a row, almost climb the wall craving carbohydrates, and what you get doesn´t bode too well for continued recondensation.
And then there´s that medical study I read about recently (I disremember where) that claimed that going low or no carb was harmful to one´s attentiveness, concentration and memory skills. Duh. I live off those. But I am also afraid that reintroducing carbs into my diet will make the weight loss stop for good, if by now it has almost come to a standstill anyway.
Then again, I slept way too little for several days in a row (don´t ask), so that might as well account for the fatigue.
Which means that I should try to go to bed a lot earlier today. Perhaps I´ll be feeling better then. And perhaps I´ll manage not to dig into the bread bin tonight.
Sometimes life just sucks.


Julia

No comments: