2011/10/21

Missus with a big M

This week´s been incredibly busy, as I have to carry the workload of a colleague who´s away on holiday on top of my own. That everyone seems to pick exactly this week to go bat shit about things that need doing at once is just the usual snafu.
But I did have an NSV this morning. On sale last year, I had bought a turtleneck sweater that proved to be too small when I tried it on at home- my head went through the collar alright, but the rest was impossible to pull down, so, I put that sweater into the infamous clothes box with the others. Today, I went through the pullover shelf in my wardrobe, looking for something else, actually, and chanced on that turtleneck.
It´s a nice shade of blue. It is also a size M. I haven´t been a size M since about the last millenium.
I held up that sweater, looking at how small it looked.
Still, such a nice blue.
Might it...?
I doffed the sweater I was wearing and....put it on. With no difficulty at all. It is no longer too small.
And I- am, today, one very happy Missus with a capital "M" inside the collar of my sweater and a big grin on my face.


Julia

No comments: