So, DH and myself decided to take advantage of it.
We rode to a neighbouring city that is situated in a river valley, surrounded by steep hills, and there we went for a long hike. As such things go, one should never underestimate the number of hills to climb before reaching one´s destination. Which is what happened to us. Instead of a leisurely stroll, we found that we had to climb steeply upwards, which made for a good bit of exercise. My fitbit afterwards told me to the equivalent of 94 storeys climbed...and about eleven kilometers (some seven miles) distance covered.
I know, regular hikers would scoff at that, but for me who has been lacking way too much exercise this year, it´s a reason for a bit of pride. The sore legs I have on the day after are proof that I really did get exercise on that hike.
One surprise awaited me when coming home. We hadn´t had lunch, so I felt ravenous. But when dinner was ready, I could only eat half my usual portion before feeling sated.
There must be something to the theory that exercise suppresses the appetite.
Weight this morning: 84.9 kgs (187 pounds).
I keep watching the carbs, and hope that the weight rend has changed back to "downwards" again.
I lost too much time on this stupid regaining thing already.
Julia
No comments:
Post a Comment