2014/04/11

Needed reminder

Sometimes life has to bring out the really big guns to wake us to our own stupidity. 
Having both DH and myself injuring a tendon in a space of less than three weeks is what drove me to look for things that might have made us more susceptible of such injuries. The prime suspect, as usually, was nutrition, or rather the fact that we had been neglecting the nutrition density of what we ate for months in favor of just gobbling up things that needed no work, as in convenience food and candy, all the while ignoring the veggie stores in the freezer. 
After I twisted my knee simply carrying a - not even heavy- shopping bag up the stairs, we both have started on a supplement regime with vitamins, minerals, and gelatine to feed our tendons. The effect has been amazing for both of us. Less fatigue, more energy, smoother skin, general improvement of how we feel. And for me, having the pain in my knee go away after just four days. DH, too, reports less pain in his shoulder joint. 
Weight-wise, nothing has moved yet, but DH claims I look less bloated in my face. 
And, surprise of surprises, DH, who usually is a devoted lover of all things chocolate, has himself suggested we should stop purchasing such things for him, which would also put myself out of temptation´s way. 
So that´s the plan: no more pre-prepared snacks and convenience food. No more bread and white flour. Rice and pasta must not be the main part of what´s on the plate. Instead, plenty of vegetables. I´ll continue the supplements, plus at least twice daily protein shakes and plenty of water. 
I´ll see if that gets things moving downwards again.
Oh, and the air pollution expert claims to have found sky-high levels of terpenes in the furniture in my old office. I don´t know if that explains all of the symptoms I had when still working in there, but I do know that terpenes are retained in the fatty tissue of the body, so that would match my suspicions I had about the reasons for my regain. 
I hope that I can get back to recondensing now that I am no longer exposed. 
In any case, I´ll insist that they remove all furniture from that room, air it out and then measure again- the smell in there is nothing like turpentine or wood which would be the likely sources of  terpene so I suspect they haven´t found all of the problem yet. 
And I´ll keep on keeping the windows open as often as the weather permits. 


Julia

No comments: