Sometimes, things just seem to go along fine. Business is slow (I'm not paid by amount of work, so that is positive) , what work is to be done can be done easily, everyone in the family is healthy, the weather is fine and the eating is okay.
And then there are the times when everything hits the fan at once. Caseload exploding, having to do all of it alone because my estimated colleague has called in sick, plus everything going wrong at once, necessitating lots of unnessecary mop-up operations, plus several cases of sickness in the family. The double caseload has me working overtime every day, so I didn't get around to do any substantial grocery shopping for the last weeks, which meant having to live off our stockpiles of non-perishable or frozen food. Luckily, the pantry was sufficiently stocked. Still, most of it was rather carby and low in fiber. Think rice or pasta, pepped up with half a pound of frozen veggies and some chicken breast from the freezer. For the long days at the office, I mostly stick to protein shakes. Nothing out of the ordinary, and no excessive portions, either. Still, my weight has gone up by about five pounds, sending me back to quite exactly where I was one year ago.
Part of it is from eating the wrong things, part of it is stress-induced (even though I have managed to escape bingeing on cookies or such, I tend to eat more carby stuff when stressed out, such as having a slice of full-grain rye bread for a snack).
With a rising stress level, I think there are some changes in the way my body operates when it comes to food. None of them are, unfortunately, conducive to weight loss.
If only the colleague were back...
Julia
No comments:
Post a Comment