2012/07/06

MIA in the sauna

So, what do you need for a sauna?  Heat, of course, plus those cold-water showers. Both of which we had aplenty last week. Top that off with plenty of work, plus my well-known aversion to too-hot weather, and you get.... one lazy blogger who has been MIA for over a week.
I can´t even promise to better myself as the next week is promising to be just like this one.

Over the weekend, I finally got around to downloading the most recent photographs from DH´s camera. Most recent, in that case, meaning back to the middle of last year, so, before my latest bigger weight loss.
Which meant that I could, for the first time, take a good look at what I look like when I´m no longer obese.
Actually, looking at those pix felt a bit eerie, because I haven´t yet reached the point where my internal representation of myself has caught up with how far I recondensed myself. So, it was more like, who is that slim female wearing my clothes?
Which, of course, made me look up a few of the old pictures at top weight. Seeing them today, I still can hardly believe that I did, at the time, manage to avoid the realization how fat I was looking. But that´s exactly what I did. The pictures where there were impossible-to-miss rolls of fat around my waist and a triple chin, or the ones that definitely showed my face looking like the full moon, used to be what I zapped by, or even accused the innocent camera of having done something to make me look wider.

It´s good to be rid of those fatgoggles.
Because I mustn´t ever stop being watchful if I don´t want to go back there.


Julia

No comments: